There are many external and internal factors that cause, or not, some complications after rhinoplasty and the patient’s pre and post-operative care.
That said, it is extremely important that as a patient your comment to the surgeon all the relevant data on your health status, previous history of diseases and surgeries and/or if you have taken medications two months prior or recently since there are medications that greatly complicate the surgery success and recovery. It is important that you do not omit anything about this aspect because even vitamins or supplements infer in this process.
On the other hand, post-operative care plays an important role in the recovery and success of the operation, because there are recommendations such as respecting the days of rest, not exercising, taking care of the sun, attending check-ups with the surgeon and performing cures with your treating surgeon, among others, which must be fully complied with.
Some risks are:
- Need for reoperation.
- Reactions to anesthesia.
- Discoloration changes in the skin of the nose
- Bone or cartilaginous residues.
- Inflammation out of the ordinary, which can modify the final result.
- Disagreement with the results. So it is important that your surgeon speaks to you honestly during the preoperative evaluation.
- Is rhinoplasty painful?
- The pain threshold differs in each patient, so the pain is perceived differently in each human being. On the scale of 1 to 10 pain, rhinoplasty is considered between a 4-5. Normally a rhinoplasty is accompanied by the occasional bruise or bruise from the procedure, but it is normal.
- From what age can I have a rhinoplasty?
- Rhinoplasties in patients with a history of cleft lip and palate are performed at 15-16 years. Rhinoplasties without these antecedents are evaluated according to the functional and aesthetic needs of each patient, as long as they have the company of a legal representative.
- What is the best rhinoplasty technique?
- There are many techniques; it all depends on the anatomy and surgical history of each patient.
- What is an ultrasonic rhinoplasty?
- Ultrasonic rhinoplasty is a procedure that replaces the traditional rasp, hammer, and chisel with an innovative ultrasound machine. With this device, you can file, fracture, and lower bumps on the nasal bone without causing as much trauma to the tissues, making a recovery much quicker and painless.
IMPORTANT: recovery times and complications are subject to change depending on each patient.